The Electrical & Assembly Technician will work in our Air Bearing System Assembly department based in Hopkinton MA. This is a full time role, Monday-Friday, 7am-3:30pm. In this role you will be responsible for the assembly of electrical harnesses and electrical panels and cabinets.
- Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test, background check, and motor vehicle report (if applicable to the position)
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA
- Dental and vision insurance
- LTD & Life insurance
- 401k with a generous company match
- Paid time off including: holiday, vacation and sick leave
- Biweekly pay (every other Friday)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Electrical & Assembly Technician
- Soldering and crimping of small gauge wires.
- Assembly of electrical sub-panels and cabinets
- Assembly of wiring harnesses
- Propose and implement process and equipment improvements to reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve safety conditions
- Support production activities as required to achieve the goals or the entire department
- Cross-train other technicians to perform similar tasks
- Report failures and defects via company quality processes
- Ability to cooperate with others in a team effort to achieve quality, safety and productivity goals
- Ability to work overtime to meet production schedule as needed
- Mentor other Technicians in the areas of assembly, troubleshooting, and testing products
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering on fixture development, process improvements, corrective actions, and any other measures needed to drive continuous improvement within the group.
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
Education & Experience for Electrical & Assembly Technician
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, technical schooling in precision manufacturing preferred.
- US Citizen or Green Card required – evidence of permanent ability to live and work in the US is an employment contingency for this position.
- We will consider applicants of varying levels of experience.
Skills & Requirements for Electrical & Assembly Technician
- Ability to read and understand schematics and technical drawings
- Must be capable of completing assembly and test records for regulatory and quality control requirements
- Ability use standard hand tools, drills, etc.
- Proficient with hand crimp tools and making cables and/or harnesses
- Familiar with standard D-subminiature connectors
- Familiar with machine and cabinet wiring.
- Can work with wires from 10-32awg
- Soldering experience is a must.
- Solder electrical components and small gauge wires.
- Soldering certificate is desirable
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to mentor and train other employees
Important for all applicants
The following are the traits we want all candidates to bring to our company. You can expect to find this throughout our workforce.
- Curious and lifelong learner who brings new ideas to the organization
- Honest, trustworthy, and empathetic with colleagues
- independently motivated, possessing a strong work ethic and desiring continuous growth
- Ability to work in a highly functioning, independent workplace that values strong initiative, risk taking, and creative problem solving.
If these things describe you, please make sure we know about it during the selection process. We do read cover letters so feel free to include a short description in your application or reach out separately.