The Mechanical Assembly Technician will work in our Air Bearing System Assembly department based in Hopkinton MA. This is a full time role, Monday-Friday, 7am-3:30pm. In this role you will be responsible for the build and assembly of precision machinery, automation systems, and motion control systems. Experience assembling high-precision mechanical systems and machinery is a requirement of this position.
- Employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test, background check, and motor vehicle report (if applicable to the position)
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA
- Dental and vision insurance
- LTD & Life insurance
- 401k with a generous company match
- Paid time off including: holiday, vacation and sick leave
- Biweekly pay (every other Friday)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Mechanical Assembly Technician
- Mechanical assembly and testing of machinery and devices requiring precision alignments and measurements, in accordance with 2D and 3D assembly drawings and written procedures.
- Diagnose and repair problems with product returned from the field
- Propose and implement process and equipment improvements to reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve safety conditions
- Support production activities as required to achieve the goals or the entire department
- Cross-train other technicians to perform similar tasks
- Report failures and defects via company quality processes
- Ability to cooperate with others in a team effort to achieve quality, safety and productivity goals
- Ability to work overtime to meet production schedule as needed
- Mentor other Technicians in the areas of assembly, troubleshooting, and testing products
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering on fixture development, process improvements, corrective actions, and any other measures needed to drive continuous improvement within the group.
- Follow 5S and lean manufacturing principles and practices in an ISO 9001 manufacturing environment.
Education & Experience for Mechanical Assembly Technician
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Associate’s Degree or certificate in a technical discipline in electronics, mechanical, or related technologies is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Requirements for Mechanical Assembly Technician
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be capable of completing assembly and test records for regulatory and quality control requirements
- Ability to read schematics and technical drawings
- Ability to perform complex mechanical tasks and perform precision alignments and measurements
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work activities
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical and pneumatic systems
- Ability to mentor and train other employees
- US Citizen or Green Card required – evidence of permanent ability to live and work in the US is an employment contingency for this position.
- Automotive experience desirable but not required
Any offer of employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test and background check.
PI (Physik Instrumente) LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at email@example.com Attn: Human Resources and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our internal Human Resources team. Your respect for this process is appreciated. PI does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and any resumes received will be ineligible for referral fees. This is a direct hire. No agencies at this time, please no solicitations.
Important for all applicants
The following are the traits we want all candidates to bring to our company. You can expect to find this throughout our workforce.
- Curious and lifelong learner who brings new ideas to the organization
- Honest, trustworthy, and empathetic with colleagues
- independently motivated, possessing a strong work ethic and desiring continuous growth
- Ability to work in a highly functioning, independent workplace that values strong initiative, risk taking, and creative problem solving.
If these things describe you, please make sure we know about it during the selection process. We do read cover letters so feel free to include a short description in your application or reach out separately.