Physik Instrumente, LP, a global leader in precision motion and nanopositioning systems, is hiring a Mechatronics Applications Engineer in the Bay Area. This is a customer facing role based out of the Silicon Valley Tech Center & Applications Lab in Fremont, CA.
Mechatronics Applications Engineer duties:
- Collaborate with customers to identify the most suitable PI solutions for their applications.
- Present products to visitors at the Tech Center showroom and at trade shows.
- Recreate and test issues reported in the field to provide timely resolution.
- Perform product installations and retrofits at customer sites.
- Train customers on safe and proper use of PI products.
- Report back industry trends from the field to sales and marketing to help drive next generation product development.
- Upgrade and create new demo systems to keep the office showroom fresh and engaging.
This is the type of role where the Mechatronics Applications Engineer will have a wide variety of duties and responsibilities. The most successful candidate needs to be flexible and adaptable and willing to pitch in wherever needed.
Requirements for Mechatronics Applications Engineer
- BS Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or related field
- US Citizen or Green Card required – evidence of permanent ability to live and work in the US is an employment contingency for this position.
- Experience with the following strengthens your candidacy:
- PI Hardware/Software
- ACS Motion Control Hardware/SPiiPlus Software
- Piezo Actuators and Motors
- Stepper, Servo, and Linear Motors
- LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python, VB, C, C++
- Industrial Automation Controls
- Any offer of employment is dependent on the results of an initial drug test, background check, and motor vehicle report.
For applicants who would require relocation to the SF Bay Area, a modest relocation package could be considered.
PI offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA PPO medical plan with HSA
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long term disability LTD
- Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Dependent Care FSA
- Generous paid time off
Important for all applicants:
The following are the traits we want all candidates to bring to our company. You can expect to find this throughout our workforce.
- Curious and lifelong learner who brings new ideas to the organization
- Honest, trustworthy, and empathetic with colleagues
- independently motivated, possessing a strong work ethic and desiring continuous growth
- Ability to work in a highly functioning, independent workplace that values strong initiative, risk taking, and creative problem solving.
If these things describe you, please make sure we know about it during the selection process. We do read cover letters so feel free to include a short description in your application or reach out separately.