Seeking a bright and dynamic Payroll and Human Resources Administrator. You will assist in all areas of Human Resources to backup or take ownership of specific tasks. This is a regular position approximately 32 hours per week with occasional need-based additional hours for projects. Most work will need to be done on site in Auburn, MA.
Seeking someone for this role with an interest in maintaining ongoing work. This is not a temporary position. Some work hours will be fixed hours and some can be flexible and will be arranged with the selected candidate.
Description and Essential Duties
There will be a heavy focus in this role on excel, payroll, time processing, employee data management, and onboarding processes. These functions require someone with strong and accurate data entry skills, exceptional attention to detail, and very strong Excel skills.
We have some software systems but they are not necessarily connected. A high level of integrity and ability to work confidentially and confidently with sensitive employee data is absolutely essential.
This role will also assist with administrative functions as well as diving in to help with onboarding, benefits management, and all aspects of our people. We employ primarily engineers and technical people in multiple states and locations for a variety of roles.
We especially want someone who can work in a fast paced work environment, can change gears quickly, has a can do attitude, will work independently, and have creativity and initiative (ie. take a project and run with it).
About You and the Work:
- This is an administrative office based position with a dedicated work space in a highly professional work environment.
- You should have very good writing skills (grammar, spelling, and proofreading)
- This role will contain a lot of data processing, data entry and administrative functions that must be performed quickly and with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with data including import/export features in csv and other formats across multiple platforms.
- Ability to organize self and work around fixed deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and be creative in your approach to tasks, including thinking outside the box.
- Comfortable with a very quiet work environment (think: library)
- Software systems we use include: Microsoft Office. Paychex Flex and integrated Time and Attendance. Employee Navigator. Fidelity. Oracle.
Note: Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing a credit check, drug test, and background check.
Educational and Other Requirements:
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor's Degree desired.
- 2+ years of work experience performing high level administrative and/or human resources functions.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook)
- Experience processing payroll using Paychex Flex and Time and Attendance is highly desirable. Training on all of our systems will be provided.
Important for all applicants:
The following are the traits we want all candidates to bring to our company. You can expect to find this throughout our workforce.
- Curious and lifelong learner who brings new ideas to the organization
- Honest, trustworthy, and empathetic with colleagues
- independently motivated, possessing a strong work ethic and desiring continuous growth
- Ability to work in a highly functioning, independent workplace that values strong initiative, risk taking, and creative problem solving.
If these things describe you, please make sure we know about it during the selection process. We do read cover letters so feel free to include a short description in your application or reach out separately.
- PI (Physik Instrumente) LP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious need, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Human Resources and we'll be happy to engage in an interactive process with you.
- Notice to Employment Agencies: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our internal Human Resources team. Your respect for this process is appreciated. PI does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and any resumes received will be ineligible for referral fees. This is a direct hire. No agencies at this time, please no solicitations.